Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Final Sprint

I was once a 100m short-distance sprinter in school; i enjoyed the thrill upon hearing the firing BANG to denote the start of the race, observing other contestants on my left & right, running like there's a tiger chasing me from the back to reach the finishing line. I loved the speed and the sound of wind blowing past me when i sprinted.

5 years ago, i entered another race. And i've been running & walking ever since. I can see the finishing line now; so near yet so far. There might still be hurdles ahead, and i know i must persevere till the end, i must and i will overcome all the obstacles ahead. I have to!

It was not my dream to be a dental surgeon in the beginning. Now i realised it's a stepping stone for me to pursue my dream in future. My dream - something i think i'll love doing :)

The FINAL sprint. Let's do it together!

2 comments: