Tuesday, June 05, 2007

One round around Peninsula Malaysia - Part 3

Kedah
Reached my maternal granma's house in the evening. It's situated just beside the railway, so we could hear trains passing by as scheduled. The weather in Kedah was very hot! My granma's very good in cooking! A typical Cantonese :) So we'd delicious meals throughout our stay there...
Mum met up with some of her ex-schoolmates... They looked older than my mum! :P My mum has a very young heart :)
My uncle (mum's youngest brother) brought us out to taste the famous Penang laksa! It was delicious :)
We tried all kinds of foods here in the north, which were slightly different from the food we'd in the south. Some even claimed that the food here was more delicious! :)
There's a morning market near my granma's house. We walked there every morning to buy food, clothes, shoes, bags, and other stuffs... It's a mini bazaar :) Things there were relatively cheaper than those in shopping malls, but their standards were equally good! I bought 2 blouses, a pair of jeans and a skirt :)
On the night before we left, Uncle brought us to a seafood restaurant by the riverside... Wow... I ate a lot! :P
After dinner, mum attended a gathering at her friend's house... According to her after that, some of her friends had various health complications... I'm thankful that both my parents are healthy :)
Granma followed us back to Johor as she's going to my aunt's house in Singapore in July, after my uni reopens... She's promised to cook good food for me to help me gain more weight :)
At 9am on Sunday, we set off from Kedah, and reached BP at 5pm... It was a tiring journey, but we were all used to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment